We’re all on a journey of learning and self-reflection.
There are videos, articles and books that can expand our knowledge. Our own experiences can help identify issues in our community.
Below are resources that may be helpful. This is only a start. Material will be continually updated.
We welcome your suggestions, submissions and comments. In addition to the anonymous form below, you can send an email directly to the IDEA Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Black Like Me, past, present and future: Behind the Stratford Festival Curtain
- Ndo-Mshkawgaabwimi - We are all standing (Stratford Festival)
- Black Joy - an inspiring and compelling celebratory conversation about Blackness (Stratford Festival)
- How to deconstruct racism, one headline at a time (Baratunde Thurston TED Talk)
- The Danger of a Single Story (Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie TED Talk)
- How to Handle Racist Jokes
- What kind of Asian are you (where are you from)?
- No You Cannot Touch My Hair
- 3 Ways to Speak English
- What non-Indigenous Canadians need to know
- How to react to microaggressions
- If Microaggressions were targeted at white people
- Niagara Commits to Creating More Inclusive Community
- Anti-racism advocates remain hopeful for change in Niagara
- Caste: The Origins of Our Discontent by Isabel Wilkerson
- How to Be an Antiracist by Ibram X. Kendi
- Girl, Woman, Other by Bernardine Evaristo
Do you have experiences to share? We welcome your comments and questions.
Please send email to email@example.com
Alternatively, use the contact form below, then click on the box next to "I'm not a robot" before you hit Submit. Unless you fill in your name and email address, this will be sent to us anonymously.
IDEA is a forum for Guild members to learn and share so we can have safe and respectful conversations that foster equity and inclusion in everything we do.